Sunday, May 11, 2014

Bikes & Cameras Just Go Together

I've been itchin' to hit up the trails lately, but I was afraid the recent rains would make for unsuitable conditions. All of the trails around here seem to have different drying times, but I'm always afraid to make the drive out to a location and find the trails to be unrideable. After talking it over with Nathan, we decided to play it safe and headed to a little known trail system that is made up of mostly gravel access roads with some offshoots of singletrack. Our thought behind this was if we discovered that the singletrack was too muddy we could still get in a good ride on the access roads. Plus, Nathan had never been to the location and it gave him a chance to test out his new Nikon DSLR.


Nathan riding through a CRP field that underwent a controlled burn this past winter
I love the distortion that the GoPro gives the trees
The access roads were dry except for a puddle here and there and a few small crick crossings (yup, I said crick). The offshoot trails were a bit damp, but doable. There were plenty of spots that gave Nathan the opportunity to try out his new camera. Check out his Instagram page to see a few of the pictures from our ride.
Yeah, my arms are super pale. I wore a cutoff for a reason.

My favorite GoPro picture of the day. Crick selfie!

I completely forgot to start my Strava, but according to Nathan's our ride only consisted of about 5 miles. We spent quite a bit of time off the bikes messing around and taking pictures. It was just nice to get outside, do some exploring, and get in a bit of exercise.

No comments:

Post a Comment