Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Another Weekend of Whites

GoPro Hero 3+ Black Edition
This past Saturday I decided to head back up to the Little Sac to see if I could get into some more white bass. I set out for the same hole that I fished a couple of weeks ago in hopes of fishing a brush pile that they had been stacked up in. I became a bit disappointed when I found another fisherman working the brush pile that I had been salivating over all week long. After a few minutes of conversation, I decided to settle into a spot about 100 yards upstream from the other angler. The first 30-45 minutes went by without even a nibble, but after doing a bit of walking and wading I started to find the fish. The presence of the other fisherman turned out to be a blessing in disguise because it forced me find new water and structure to fish.

Throughout the afternoon I managed to bring 17 white bass to hand along with a couple of tiny largemouth. The fishing was considerably slower than it had been a couple of weeks ago, but it was a great learning experience. I made an effort to frequently check my line and retie throughout the day. I did manage to break off one fish, but it was still a great improvement over my last outing.

Canon AE-1 Program
I'm sure that the peak of this spring's white bass spawn has come and gone, but I'm planning on heading out there sometime next week with Lauren to see if I can still scrounge up a few more. I might also attempt to put a hook in a couple of the carp I saw loafing around in the shallows and maybe put out some limb lines for catfish.

Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment