Monday, April 14, 2014

Introduction

Over the past few years I have become fascinated with journals. I always seem to find some sort of inspiration from other people's photos and written work. I've spent many of my lunch hours (and undergraduate "study" hours) surfing through outdoor blogs like Rustic Man and The Fiberglass Manifesto, or scanning through the latest images on my Instagram feed. Sometimes it's epic stories like those put out by Sitka Gear of chasing public land elk out west. Other times it's pictures and stories from the average Joe about their weekend float trip. Even if the only thing I get out of it is an idea for my next grip-n-grin fish picture, or reassurance that I'm not the only one who's had to hike their bike out a few miles because they forgot their tire pump in the truck, I enjoy reading these posts. I figure it's about time that I share my own thoughts and experiences with friends and family. I can't write like Hemingway and the photos of my little adventures are far from National Geographic worthy, but I hope that you'll enjoy my snapshots and ramblings. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment